Copying text from Directory information screen

Hi

Is there a way of highlighting/copying text within the Directory information screen? In this case, I have an admin dashboard (web app) that accesses user information that is in a mobile app. The user inputs a lot of information into the mobile app and I would like to be able to access and highlight/copy that information from the web app.

Currently I am using the Directory component in the web app to access the user’s information but it will not let me highlight or copy the information.

Thanks,
Nathan

Hi Nathan

I believe the LFD has a CSS parameter called ‘user-select’ which disables text selection. You can enable it by overriding the user-select value, note it may use a prefix version as well user-select - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN

If you have a lot of content to copy you may find it better to add a ‘copy’ button that selects the relevant content and copies it automatically to the clipboard. This page might be helpful as it includes Javascript examples user-select - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN

Hi Ian - I have added the parameter (with !important) and it appears when inspecting the element but I still can’t highlight the text. Also, when scrolling down the LFD info component and clicking on text, the screen jumps back to the top.

Hi Nathan,

Both the issues are being looked at internally and it should be resolved within the next 2 weeks. I will let you know when it is resolved.

Thanks,
Deb

That’s great, thanks Deb.

Hi Nathan,

Both the issues you mentioned should be resolved now.

Thanks,
Deb

Thanks Deb. Just checked and all working perfectly.

2 Likes