Adding user id automatically

Hi,
I would like to add my own user id automatically once user signup in database (excel database).
Please help me
Thanks…

Hi,

If you are referring to automatically generating a unique ID for entries in a Data Source then you need to open the Data Source then click on the Settings tab and under Data source definition you need to add the following:

"guid": "ID"

This assumes you have a column in your Data Source called “ID”. If done correctly when you insert any record into the DS the unique ID’s will be generated for you.

The data source definition should look something like this:

"guid": "myPrimaryGuidColumn"

Hope this helps,
Deb

I am not from IT so I would like to know full information ( where to copy this code etc)
Thanks & Sorry

Ok let me explain you in detail. I found this code on fliplet.com help page

===============

I need to show this user id information on screen. So how to do ?

Thanks…

Ok let me explain you what i want …

i found this code on flipnet.com help page

I want to show this user id information on my html page so i need some extra code for that,. I need that code so i can display userid on screen
Thanks…

Hi, in capturing data to a table for a screen, I have got it to generate a unique ID and ads it to the column.

It looks like this “ti7v6ikf-kxtp-frux-63gx-3m5giesgfgq2$”.

Is there a method to control the format and increment for each new entry, something like ‘Control01, Control02, Control n’. So the ID is meaningful to a user.

Unfortunately we don’t have the ability to control the format of that GUID. If you want to control the format you will have to do it manually using custom JS. For e.g. you will have to manually increments the ID when the user submits a form etc

thanks for that, better ask my mate to write it then…

Asked my mate and using Java makes life hard. Half way measure then is on the List From Data ‘edit’ screen, add another LFD above the edit screen, that filters for the last entry in the data table. The user is asked to manually add the next control number in order. Very flexible for different ID formats, room for user error though. Not ideal but seems to work.